Ga naar inhoud

-= Next-generation videocard Topic =- Deel 1

Aanbevolen berichten

• Reacties 334
  • Aangemaakt
  • Laatste reactie

Beste reacties in dit topic

• anoniem

[quote:8a38d9ca9b="hjs"][quote:8a38d9ca9b="SkinnerEd"]Nou hjs, zover is de techniek nog niet gevorderd, dat krijgen ze nooit voor elkaar, dit is op 0,09 micron toch?[/quote:8a38d9ca9b] Neem nog maar een kopje koffie Edward. ;)[/quote:8a38d9ca9b] Hee das ook toevallig, ik zit net achter een mok koffie ;) IK ben benieuwd of Talon graphics, in tegenstelling tot Bitboys heden, de critici wel de mond kan snoeren, maar met z'n vieren een topkaart ontwerpen en supporten...het lijkt mij onhaalbaar, maar misschien besteden ze zaken uit.
Link naar reactie
[quote:96bac80ff3="VTec"]Ik mis de Talon Graphics hier nog bij deze draad ;) [img:96bac80ff3]http://216.105.160.11/screenshots/talon2.jpg[/img:96bac80ff3][/quote:96bac80ff3] was al in een andere draad gezet door Skinnered. leuke videokaart Vtec. wanneer komt ie uit? AGPx16? 16 piplines? 0,065 micron procede?
Link naar reactie
al wat ouder nieuws (5-juni-2002) maar wel itteressant, vooral het laatste stukje (dikgedrukt) [quote:f48b77c9ef]Samsung Electronics has announced the industry’s first DDR-II device, a high-density 512Mb DDR-II SDRAM, that fully satisfies the JEDEC DDR-II standard set in March 2002. The device has a low 1.8-volt Vdd and has data transfer rates of 533Mbps that can be extended to a maximum of 667Mbps for networks and special system environments. Samsung’s 512Mb DDR-II SDRAM device incorporates JEDEC’s DDR-II specifications by adding core functions that include off-chip driver calibration (OCD) to maintain optimum driver strength; on-die termination (ODT) to ensure optimum signal waveform; and posted CAS, a command control method to enhance bus efficiency. The device’s chip-scale, 60-ball BGA package maximizes performance. Samsung will commence volume production of the new 512Mb DDR-II SDRAM device in Q3 2003. What the company did not disclose was that it also has a 1Gbit/s DDR-II device that will actually begin shipping much sooner as a specialty memory for graphics. According to the unofficial information, Samsung will ship these devices sometimes in the first half of 2003. Although Samsung is the first with the announcement and delivering of DDR-II memory chip, their rivals, Elpida Memory, Infineon Technologies and Micron Technology also say that they will be on par with the Korean company in commercial production of DDR-II. In fact, Micron also tells that they will be able to deliver 900 MHz DDR-II devices in the beginning of 2003. Faster adaptation of new kinds of memory chips for using in videocards is conditioned by the fact that graphics memory is mounted to the circuit board using a point-to-point connection, hence, chips do not have to wait for DDR-II modules, chipsets, or PC motherboards to be developed and validated. As graphics constitutes 5% to 10% of the total DRAM market, the yields of faster chips should not be very high compared to the system memory. [b:f48b77c9ef]At the moment, high-end videoboards utilize 650 and 700 MHz memory. More advanced and powerful solutions that are scheduled to come this Fall may use even faster memory at 750 or even 800 MHz. However, printed-circuit-boards will become even more complex and expensive. Nevertheless, next-generations of GPUs, for instance, NV35 that will be here in less than a year, will probably need something like 900 or even 1000 MHz memory and that is where Micron and Samsung are targeting their extremely fast chips. All in all, 3D-accellerators are becoming even faster, even more complex, even harder to develop and manufacture. As a result, it is not very strange that videocards are becoming a bit more expensive and the companies profits fall a bit[/b:f48b77c9ef]. [/quote:f48b77c9ef]
Link naar reactie
Hier specs r250 en r300: [quote:8e2b7a08b8]ATi R300: 107 million transistors 0.15 µ process by TSMC 512 bit architecture (?) 8 rendering pipelines with 2 texture units each 16 textures per pass (required by DirectX9) Quad Vertex Shader engine complete DirectX 9.0 compatible Vertex Shader 2.0 Pixel Shader 2.0 Displacement Mapping support 64 bit rendering precision Floating point rendering 256 bit DDR-RAM memory interface (?) Core clock: on 0.15 µ and 107 mill. transistors expected at 200 - 250 MHz Memory clock: alleged at 350 MHz = on a 256 bit memory interface results in 20 GB/sec bandwith HyperZ III HydraVision ATi RV250: ca 35-45 million transistors (estimated) 0.15 µ process by TSMC 256 bit architecture 2 rendering pipelines with 2 texture units each (?) 6 textures per pass Single Vertex Shader engine complete DirectX 8.1 compatible Vertex Shader 1.1 Pixel Shader 1.4 128 bit DDR-RAM memory interface Core clock: alleged at 300 MHz and more Memory clock: probably the same as core clock = 300 MHz and more HyperZ II HydraVision [/quote:8e2b7a08b8] bron: http://www.fedespil.dk/
Link naar reactie
weer wat gevonden op het WWW: [quote:06460c2333]Got an email from a Hong Kong reader with some details that a magazine over there posted some R300 performance numbers. This is what he wrote in the email: [i:06460c2333] I found that a Hong Kong Magazine PC Market did talk about the performance of the ATI's new generation card, R300. They said that the performance of the R300 will be about 20% better then Geforce 4 Ti4600, and they did run 3DMark 2001se, however due to under the NDA, they can't tell us the exact number. They test the R300 in the VIA KT400 demo at Taiwan Computex. If you want, I can scan you a copy of the article, but it is in Chinese. I just think that if ATI R300 really have 700mhz DDR ram and 256bit memory bus, 20% performance increase over Ti4600 is really not that great.[/i:06460c2333] I asked him to scan a copy of the article if he could. I agree, that just 20% over a Ti4600 isn't overwhelming, but the drivers are definitely not final, and I'm sure with more tweaking and work on it, that 20% can be much higher. Update: Cheung was able to scan the magazine, which you can check out the image here: http://www.3dgpu.com/misc_images/pcmarket-r300.jpg. He translates a bit from the article for us: [i:06460c2333] We saw a R300 demo in another Computex VIP Rom (sorry, it looks like not from VIA). We cannot tell you the 3DMark 2001 score due to NDA, but we can tell you it "is faster than Gefore4 Ti4600 about 15-20%. It also tell us that the announce date of RV250 will be 20th of July, and RV250 will have one more RAMDAC compare to RV200, but they don't have futher information. They saw 2 ATI RV250 card, one is unknown brand, with Hynix 3.3ns memory, the other one is from Gigabyte[/i:06460c2333].[/quote:06460c2333] Bron: www.3dgpu.com
Link naar reactie
Nog wat op nv news: New NV Chipsets - 6/11/02 9:49 pm - By: JonathanM - Source: 3DGPU Rob, A 3DGPU reader has found some interesting chip supported in the .inf file from the latest drivers from NVIDIA: NV18 NV18 GL NV28 NV28GL NV30 NV30GL NV31 NV31GL NVIDIA seems to be taking an early lead to begin implementation of furture products into the drivers. Traditionally, you'd only find tidbits of data on upcomming products in drivers leaked slightly before the next product announcement.
Link naar reactie
jammer genoeg kan ik dat niet vinden in de .inf van de 29.42 en 29.60 drivers jij wel edward? maar ik heb weer een nieuwtje gevonden. [quote:51d3276dd3]The mice from Nvidia's cafeteria have informed me that ATi have received the second revisions of the R300 a little over a week ago. This means that the chips will soon be ready for mass production. Here is the info again in italicized form: [i:51d3276dd3]I got confirmation that ATi has received their second revisions of the GPU known as the ATi R300. This is good news for ATi as the GPU soon will be in production state and be sent to the various OEM manufacturers that ATi has signed up to build the R300 based video cards.[/i:51d3276dd3][/quote:51d3276dd3] bron: www.3dchipset.com
Link naar reactie
[quote:4ea9b1eaea] The mice from Nvidia's cafeteria have informed me that ATi have received the second revisions of the R300 a little over a week ago. This means that the chips will soon be ready for mass production. Here is the info again in italicized form: [/quote:4ea9b1eaea] Gemakshalve ervan uitgaande dat er geen verdere samples nodig zijn :roll:
Link naar reactie

Om een reactie te plaatsen, moet je eerst inloggen

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Herstel opmaak

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...