Ga naar inhoud

DoomIII [discussion]?

Aanbevolen berichten

[quote:7995def3df="THE_GAME_MEN!"]Dit vond ik op het forum van Tradingworld.net: [quote:7995def3df] SPEED UP DOOM 3 ! : I tried this and Im now runnig at 1280x1024 compared to 800x600 at the same settings. "As all of you who allready have this game recognized the game is very slow even on new Computers. I found out the reason for this and the solution to fix this problem. Normally those files were decompresse during the game. But this exactly is the problem. Even new CPUs are not able to decompress those files while running the game with good peformance and therfore the game runs very **** also on new computers. I don't know if the develpers of ID-Soft was just too stupid to think about this or if they have an agreement with some hardware manufacturing firms. How to get around this problem: It is very simple. Go to your Doom 3 installation directoy and get inside the folder "Base". There are some .PK4 files you have to open each of them with WinRAR 3.3 and extract their entire contents to the Base dir in you Doom 3 installation folder (replace all files if they are any duplicates). Now you have to delete all .PK4 files in the Base folder to prevent the game to use those compressed files agian. Now the game starts and runs mutch faster!!! But Watch out!! This is a guarenteed way to get a MASSIVE performance increase to your game, at the expense of taking up a little more hard drive space (2 gigs approx). I went from running low quality at 800x600 to running High Quality on 1024x768. This improves load times AND framerate/details.[/quote:7995def3df] En deze 2 berichtjes: [quote:7995def3df]In your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (x:\Program Files\Doom 3\base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad. Find the line: seta image_cacheMegs "32" I changed 32 to 96. I got a nice boost in performance. I dunno if the tweak worked or not (maybe my machine did something wierd, have no clue), so I'm just seeing if this works for others as well, or if a different setting works better than others.[/quote:7995def3df] [quote:7995def3df] I was playing in Mid, 640*480. And it showed about 30-40 in fps. I changed this param to 256 then I play in High, 800*600. Now it shows 50-60 in FPS, lol.[/quote:7995def3df] Misschien dat iemand hier iets mee kan Freek[/quote:7995def3df] Ik heb dit gedaan en het werkt heel goed! Ik speelde eerst op 800*600 op medium, nu op 1024*768 op high :D
Link naar reactie
  • Reacties 269
  • Aangemaakt
  • Laatste reactie

Beste reacties in dit topic

• anoniem

De correcte manier is trouwens zo:[quote:39297f4bd1]------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Editing config-file [D3.07.04] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ You can edit the doomconfig.cfg file and change the following things to make the game run better: seta image_useCache "1" seta image_cacheMegs "xxx" <- Make this 1/4th of your memory seta image_cacheMinK "yyy" <- Use the formula below: "image_cacheMegs" / 8 = n n * 1024 = "image_cacheMinK" I tried this trick, and it does seems to boost the game a bit. Also, you can try to change the following settings, which will disable bump mapping in the game. seta image_filter from GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR to GL_LINEAR Olafski told me you could do the following, to gain a few FPS: seta image_anisotropy "1" to seta image_anisotropy "0"[/quote:39297f4bd1]
Link naar reactie
[quote:1807305872="=def=appelseal"]zo dat uitpakken van die pk4 werkt echt super het draait echt enorm veel beter in high (ultra maar is proberen) dit is echt een aanrader hoewel me laadtijden wel iets langer leken maar dit kan ook ergens anders aan liggen[/quote:1807305872] Ja bij mij werden de laadtijden ook iets langer, maar dat heb ik wel voor die performace boost over!! :D
Link naar reactie
Eindelijk een review van iemand die niet de rest van de wereld na-aapt : http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2304 [quote:a47e58a2f5] ... Doom 3" is the latest offering from John Carmack and the team of people paid to hang around Carmack and offer invaluable advice such as "please don't lose interest in computer games" and "boy it sure is fun to make computer games, don't you agree?" This title comes after Carmack spent the last half of a decade researching advanced optical physics, particularly in the area of black holes and bedroom closets after somebody had turned off the lights, so you can be sure there are a ton of complex formulas and equations in this game such as "x=60" or, in extreme situations, "x=67." The theory behind "Doom 3" is that lighting, the stark contrast between "not being able to see anything" and "not being able to see anything but randomly aiming into the shadows and shooting something throwing fireballs at you," creates a strong sense of horror and tension much like in the movie "The Ring" where the dead chick in the well threw fireballs at Naomi Watts. ... As previously mentioned, "Doom 3" is a very dark game. Despite the fact that it's the future and you're in a highly futuristic industrial complex that manufactures highly technological machinery, the only portable source of light you can find is a 99-cent K-Mart flashlight which spent the last week repeatedly falling off the back of a pickup truck. One of this game's most awesome gameplay features is the flashlight juggling physics which revolve around constantly switching your flashlight for a gun or your gun for a flashlight. [/quote:a47e58a2f5]
Link naar reactie
Is het idd ook zo duister als in dat plaatje van Duke *voordat* de 'hel' losbarst ??? Nog wat Doom3 humor : http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=290 (het nieuws, niet de strip) En Penny Arcade kon het ook niet laten : http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-08-11 [img:98ac43b18c]http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040811l.jpg[/img:98ac43b18c]
Link naar reactie
[quote:3771d20341="JaFO"]Is het idd ook zo duister als in dat plaatje van Duke *voordat* de 'hel' losbarst ???[/quote:3771d20341] Ja, het hele spel is donker, het leuke is dat het op een GeForce 6800 donkerder is als op een X800 :) Heb je teminste nog wat voordeel met een ATI kaart ;) :) [quote:3771d20341="JaFO"] Nog wat Doom3 humor : http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=290 (het nieuws, niet de strip) [/quote:3771d20341] LOL, geniaal dat nieuws stukje, dat klopt echt wat daar staat. doom III ten voeten uit :)
Link naar reactie
[quote:f4468a902e="Capone"]En in het bijzonder zou je kunnen kijken naar de [url=http://www.pcgamemods.com/6612/]VariLight-Mod[/url]... :wink:[/quote:f4468a902e] hehe lol: [quote:f4468a902e]VariLight is the result of one man's search, and crusade, against the fucking cramped, enclosed, GODDAMN PITCH BLACK scenes in this year's new flagship first-person-shooter, Doom III. -- DOOM III rant removed as per advice of blanco meow -- [/quote:f4468a902e]
Link naar reactie

Om een reactie te plaatsen, moet je eerst inloggen

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Herstel opmaak

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Populaire leden

Er is nog niemand die deze week reputatie heeft ontvangen.

• Leden

Geen leden om te tonen

• Nieuwe aanmaken...