Ga naar inhoud

-= DirectX 9 Final topic =-

Aanbevolen berichten

• Reacties 121
  • Aangemaakt
  • Laatste reactie

Beste reacties in dit topic

• anoniem

Ik las er iets over in het artikel van Anandtech over de 3dlabs P10: [quote:6438db3d40]Multithreaded Graphics? When dealing with multiple 3D threads being sent to the graphics card there are a number of things that must be taken into account that aren't normally considered. Management of execution resources, context switching time and the ability to dedicate resources to certain tasks are all examples of problems that arise. For starters, this would almost never happen in any of today's games. In order to see the applications for this sort of parallelism you'd have to look at the professional world and even to the future of Microsoft OSes. If you haven't heard the codename Longhorn before then let us provide you with a short introduction. Longhorn is the codename for Microsoft's next-generation UI for Windows that promises to make extensive use of hardware DirectX acceleration of the desktop. When simply working with Longhorn you'll immediately have a number of different threads being sent to your graphics card, and managing them can become an issue. 3DLabs is particularly proud of their command processor which is designed to handle these multithreaded situations. Whenever you're dealing with multiple threads being executed in parallel you want to make sure that you're maximizing your execution resources; this is one of the major roles of the command processor. The command processor offers per-thread command buffers which is a feature that has been around in high-end cards for a while. In the event that one thread sends corrupt data to the video card the thread will die but the OS will continue to function which is very important for situations like under Longhorn. In a present-day situation, if a game sent corrupt data to your video card then you'd get a lovely bluescreen without per-thread command buffers to provide some insulation from concurrent threads. The command processor also allows for extremely quick state changes which comes in handy when you are switching between multiple 3D windows. [/quote:6438db3d40]
Link naar reactie
  • 3 weken later...
[b:22fada696e]Beta DirectX 9 is uit:[/b:22fada696e] [quote:22fada696e]Right, there is a leaked DirectX 9 binary available on the web. This is of course the just released beta version for beta testers. There is a server hosting this file right now, of course it is likely it will overload rather soon .. so grab while it's there. We will not host this file on our servers though [i:22fada696e]DirectX is a Windows technology that enables higher performance in graphics and sound when you’re playing games or watching video on your PC. At the core of DirectX are its application programming interfaces, or APIs. The APIs act as a kind of bridge for the hardware and the software to "talk" to each other. The DirectX APIs give multimedia applications access to the advanced features of high-performance hardware such as three-dimensional (3-D) graphics acceleration chips and sound cards. They control low-level functions, including two-dimensional (2-D) graphics acceleration; support for input devices such as joysticks, keyboards, and mice; and control of sound mixing and sound output. Because of DirectX, what you experience with your computer is better 3-D graphics and immersive music and audio effects. NOTE: DX9 Requires Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Windows XP, it does not support either Windows® 95, Windows NT 4.0 or Beta version of New Operating Systems The DirectX runtime files cannot be uninstalled. This is a beta and it is important for you set a “System Restore Point” before installing the runtime. Please view your Operating System’s help files for more information. This beta version expriers on Aug 20, 2002[/i:22fada696e] Of course it's unsupported. This is BETA software!, please use caution when installing it on your system. Here's a mirror you can try downloading from, [url=http://sorcererx.net/drivers/directx/DirectX9beta1.zip]click here[/url].[/quote:22fada696e] Met dank aan www.guru3d.com het is mij nog niet gelukt om hem te dowloaden en te testen
Link naar reactie
Nog wat Info: [quote:5177ec5830] 25th May 2002: Microsoft DirectX 9 Beta 1 Install Notes: DirectX9 will expire on [b:5177ec5830]August 20th 2002 [/b:5177ec5830]unless upgraded to beta 2 or later. Please note that DirectX cannot officially be uninstalled without reinstalling Windows!. Try at your own risk. Screenshot: [url=http://sorcererx.net/drivers/directx/screenshot_dx9beta1_installed.JPG]here[/url] Version Info: DirectX 9 (4.09.0000.0080) Drivers are dated: 22.05.2002 (22th May 2002) File: DirectX9beta1.zip Size: 29.33 MB mirror: [url=http://www.thesoftwarecorner.com/files/DirectX9beta1.zip]TheSoftwareCorner[/url] Please use the mirror, my server is seriously overloaded[/quote:5177ec5830]
Link naar reactie
Ik heb hem inmiddels gedownload van de mirror in de 2e post die ik gaf.. ik heb hem NOG NIET geinstaleerd. Ik heb idd wat ervaring met Beta DirectX drivers. een jaar of wat geleden toen DirectX 8.1 nog beta was. Kijk maar o.a.naar dit oude draad: http://forum.computertotaal.nl/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16121&highlight=directx8+1+rc1 Uiteraard leer ik niet van me fouten en ga ik ook deze keer weer DirectX 9 beta testen.. "[i:aeb41561d2]its a dirty job but someone got to mes up his pc[/i:aeb41561d2]" :)
Link naar reactie
Het heeft theoretisch gezien ook geen nut. toch ga ik hem instaleren en testen. Ik draai 2 keer 3dmark2001se met Aniso op tap 32. 1x met DirectX 8.1 en 1x met DirectX 9.0 Beta 1 Het probleem is dat me pc vandaag niet stabiel op hoge fsb wil draaien.. kweet niet waarom, maar dat geeft niet.. ik test wel met een iets lagere fsb. Nieuwe Epox komt er toch zo aan :)
Link naar reactie
Ik weet niet wat het is.. ik denk me moederbord.. ik draai nu 11,5x143. dat gaat stabiel... geeft niet.. me Epox komt er aan :) Nu over DirectX 9 beta 1 Hij is geinstaleerd, eerste bevindingen: 3dMark2001se geeft error bij opstarten dat er geen DirectX 8.1 is geisntaleerd. :( GTA3 start gewoon op en is speelbaar. Ik kan dus geen verschil meer testen omdat ik alleen maar 3dmark2001se net had getest en geen andere benchmarks :( Maar ik moet nu dus wachten op beta 2 of een patch voor 3dmark2001se of winXP voor de afwisseling opnieuw instaleren. ach zolang me games het maar doen.
Link naar reactie
Hier wat screenshot van DirectX 9 op mijn pc. Zie hier de instalatie waarschuwing: [img:a134876636]http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ma.ansink/DX91.jpg[/img:a134876636] [img:a134876636]http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ma.ansink/DX92.jpg[/img:a134876636] [img:a134876636]http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ma.ansink/DX93.jpg[/img:a134876636] zoals je ziet is ie behoorlijk beta. Naast 3dmark2001se werkt alles nog. keep u posted
Link naar reactie
Idd ik heb geen BetaID :( maar ik verwacht wel dat er tegen 20-8-2002 al wel weer een Beta 2 is geleaked. zo ging het eerder ook met DirectX 8 en 8.1 Overigens als ik me Epox bord binnen krijg zet ik WinXP er weer opnieuw op met DirectX 8.1 dus. Ik vind het raar dat 3dmark2001se niet werkt. 3dmark2000 werkte destijds wel met beta DirectX 8.
Link naar reactie

Om een reactie te plaatsen, moet je eerst inloggen

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Herstel opmaak

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Populaire leden

Er is nog niemand die deze week reputatie heeft ontvangen.

• Leden

Geen leden om te tonen

• Nieuwe aanmaken...