Ga naar inhoud

Parhelia preview

Aanbevolen berichten

• Reacties 290
  • Aangemaakt
  • Laatste reactie
Dat is waar. maar vergeet niet dat Code creatures een benchmark is die op 1024x768 een GeForce 4 ti 4600 laat zweten en Morrowind kan je prima met een GeForce 3 ti 200 doen met pixel shaders aan. Ik vind het een hele vooruitgang in games. ik hoop dat er meer games komen met zulk mooi water.
Link naar reactie
Luitjes, De Parhelia is niet AGP 8x !!!! maar 4x It's a 4x part that will work in an 8x motherboard provided the motherboard uses a universal connector. I've allready asked to clear this up in our specs. If motherboard manufacturers start bringing out 8x only motherboards, then no 4x card will work. ------------------ Haig Matrox Graphics Technical Support Manager
Link naar reactie
[quote:f44458a5ad] [color=darkblue:f44458a5ad]I'm not going to give any guesses on performance , as the boards I played on this morning are beta. However here's what I got from my meeting (excluding anything that might be considered um off the record) 1. Displacement mapping absolutely rocks . Adding arbitrary geometry to figures or in outdoors terrain is a serious step in the right direction. 2. FAA absolutely also rocks. Swimming textures in buildings in FS 2002? GONE. 3. 10bit color was a little bit of a disappointment. Because the LCD monitors that were used in the demo, it downsampled to 8bit color. While there is a difference in banding, it was less apparent than I expected. When I test the card with 3 CRTs I'll take a deeper look into it. 4. It will not be a Quake3 Geforce4 Ti killer with the way most reviewers run the benchmarks. Of course with 80 million transistors on a .15um process, there's likely to be a lot of heat, and it's unlikely that the Parhelia 512 will have a more than 300mhz gclock. 5. Having said that, Matrox suggests, and I agree with them 100% that performance in Quake3 is fast enough today. Turn on FSAA (games with stencil buffers have issues with FAA) anisotropic filtering and Surround Gaming , and it should be completely playable 6.Surround gaming absolutely rocks. I got to play Quake3 and on 3 monitors it was absoletly smooth. One little note, while playing , I didn't consciously look to my right or left, but in my peripheral vision caught movement on the extra monitors and I was able to react without thinking 7. Matrox suggests, and after walking around the show floor, I agree, that DX 8 games will be more prevalent this Christmas. The number of DX9 games will be very limited if any at all. Thus their decision to go with DX8.1 8. If you have a chance and are at E3 go to the AMD/Matrox/Alienware lot (last year's G.O.D) lot , take it. Soldier Of Fortune II and F1 2002 makes great use of surround gaming . The HUGE monitors for the racing game are the way to play a racing game. 9. Parhelia 512 can multipass render . 8 textures per pixel is possible on a Parhelia 10. Review cards are likely to be sent out in early June. WOOHOO!!! Final retail boards will likely be out in late June/early July. 12. Did I mention Displacement Mapping totally rocks ??? Watching a character be N-Patched , then displacement mapped, makes a totally different look 13. To give you a sense of how powerful the pixel shaders are capable of being. The ocean demo with a shark, the bass, a school of fish? Everything is bumpmapped and using 4 textures per pixel. The Bass consists of 8 pixel shaders with 100 pixel shader instructions. 14. The anisotropic filtering did sharpen Quake3. The Parhelia is capable of dynamically allocating 64 texture samples in a pass . In other words 1 pixel with 64 sample anisotropic filtering, or alternatively 4 pixels with 16 sample aniso in a single clock. 15. Performance hit with 16x FAA in one application (no numbers, sorry) was about 20% with their 4x FSAA around 50% . Sorry , can't say more. 16 Only one mode of FAA 16x at the moment.[/color:f44458a5ad][/quote:f44458a5ad] nvnews
Link naar reactie
Tja, Q3 blijft polulair. kijk maar waar hardware.info de ti-4200 mee testen [i:97d0c6835f] [color=brown:97d0c6835f] Benchmarks: 3D Mark 2001 Benchmarks: 3D Mark 2000 Benchmarks: DroneZmarK Benchmarks: Serious Sam 2 Benchmarks: Quake 3 [/color:97d0c6835f] [/i:97d0c6835f] ook de nieuwste spellen :roll:
Link naar reactie
[quote:f87e119d75="Slashhead"]Quake 3 [img:f87e119d75]http://www.kreuze.net/smile/sm25a.gif[/img:f87e119d75] op een Parhelia... Gebruik dan tenminste nog Jedi Knight 2 die ondersteund ook surround gaming. I think I'll shoot myself... with the rocket launcher.[/quote:f87e119d75] krijg jij ook 2 extra 21"schermen van C!T te leen om de Parhelia op seround gaming te testen? zou wel zo fijn wezen :)
Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Populaire leden

Er is nog niemand die deze week reputatie heeft ontvangen.

• Leden

Geen leden om te tonen

• Nieuwe aanmaken...