Ga naar inhoud

BIOS flashen en gn PCI kaart meer aanw.

Aanbevolen berichten

Heb ik vanmiddag toch wat "leuks" meegemaakt BIOS-upgrade-alles ok- in windows geen enkele PCI insteekkaart meer te zien in app-beheer ??? vaag, heb maar meteen mailtje naar gigabyte gestuurt. zie hieronder _________________________________________________ If my english typing is with error, i’am sorry. I’am dutch. Ok, this is the problem Motherboard GA-7VRXP, updating the BIOS 7VRXP.F3 with your latest version to 7VRXP.F6 using the @ BIOS writer ver 1.08n. I will take you through it step by step. - Retrieving the latest version from your web site www.gigabyte.com.tw - Unzipping this version to a folder on the HD. - Starting the BIOS writer utility - Saving the old BIOS version to the HD. - Installing the new version from the location on my HD - Reboot when prompted. First problem that occurs, no reboot, monitoir goes into standby, pc “hangs” 10 minutes. So, what to do – reset New BIOS is seen,version F6 looking OK, configuring the settings, such as RAID, first boot device, disabl. Soundcard, etc Saving settings – reboot – windows (XP) boots up very fast and everything seems OK – WRONG !!!! Looking in the device manager is see that, my 3com NIC, Hauppage TV card and SB 512 are gone ???? 1) Thing to do, allowing windows to search for changed Hardware – none found. 2) Checking if everything is still OK in the PCI slots – well of course ! before flash erverything functioned perfect. 3) Checking every BIOS setting, well all settings are as the should be. 4) Powering down, waiting for couple of minutes. No result. 5) Disconnecting the powercable from the motherboard. No result. 6) Loading BIOS default settings. No result 7) Removing all PCI and AGP card from the slots, then boot(of course with VGA in AGP slot) – power down – put one (NIC) in PCI slot – boot. No result. 8) Could it be that all cards are defected ? Putting in another NIC (realtek in former unused slot) No result. 9) I’am getting very nervous and swetty. Motherboard does not see any PCI card anymore. So smart thing to do is putting back the old BIOS version. After this is done, still no cards are seen in the device manager. 10) Taking out all the cards then putting them back in, and…….thank god, everything is back to normal. What the f*ck went wrong???? Additional information : - Yes I’have flashed BIOS’es before - I work form a computercompany - Before flash entire system was running smoothly - BIOS flash protection was on “auto” - I’ve followed the instructions in the manual System information Motherboard GA-7VRXP HD’s maxtor U133 40Gb. in RAID-stripe VGA : Kryo Power VR 64mb Sound : Soundblaster 512 PCI NIC : 3com 3C900B PCI Tvcard : Hauppage Tvplus PCI AMD athlon 1800+ XP Cooler Alpha 8045 – YS-tech fan (idle temp 36C stressed 47C) Powersupply : Enermax 350w. CDROM 50x Aopen CDRW 4x4x32 Philips USB intellimouse microsoft Keyboard OEM OS windows XP pro 2002, with all hotfixes running 3 months smoothly. Well i hope this is enough information for you to determine what/where the problem is. I would really like to know what the solution is. _______________________________________________ wellicht weet 1 van jullie de oorzaak/oplossing ?? :roll: ben wel effe flink geschrokken :o :o :o
Link naar reactie
[quote:486ce05a0e="crazy J"]Heb ik vanmiddag toch wat "leuks" meegemaakt BIOS-upgrade-alles ok- in windows geen enkele PCI insteekkaart meer te zien in app-beheer ??? vaag, heb maar meteen mailtje naar gigabyte gestuurt. zie hieronder _________________________________________________ If my english typing is with error, i’am sorry. I’am dutch. Ok, this is the problem Motherboard GA-7VRXP, updating the BIOS 7VRXP.F3 with your latest version to 7VRXP.F6 using the @ BIOS writer ver 1.08n. I will take you through it step by step. - Retrieving the latest version from your web site www.gigabyte.com.tw - Unzipping this version to a folder on the HD. - Starting the BIOS writer utility - Saving the old BIOS version to the HD. - Installing the new version from the location on my HD - Reboot when prompted. First problem that occurs, no reboot, monitoir goes into standby, pc “hangs” 10 minutes. So, what to do – reset New BIOS is seen,version F6 looking OK, configuring the settings, such as RAID, first boot device, disabl. Soundcard, etc Saving settings – reboot – windows (XP) boots up very fast and everything seems OK – WRONG !!!! Looking in the device manager is see that, my 3com NIC, Hauppage TV card and SB 512 are gone ???? 1) Thing to do, allowing windows to search for changed Hardware – none found. 2) Checking if everything is still OK in the PCI slots – well of course ! before flash erverything functioned perfect. 3) Checking every BIOS setting, well all settings are as the should be. 4) Powering down, waiting for couple of minutes. No result. 5) Disconnecting the powercable from the motherboard. No result. 6) Loading BIOS default settings. No result 7) Removing all PCI and AGP card from the slots, then boot(of course with VGA in AGP slot) – power down – put one (NIC) in PCI slot – boot. No result. 8) Could it be that all cards are defected ? Putting in another NIC (realtek in former unused slot) No result. 9) I’am getting very nervous and swetty. Motherboard does not see any PCI card anymore. So smart thing to do is putting back the old BIOS version. After this is done, still no cards are seen in the device manager. 10) Taking out all the cards then putting them back in, and…….thank god, everything is back to normal. What the f*ck went wrong???? Additional information : - Yes I’have flashed BIOS’es before - I work form a computercompany - Before flash entire system was running smoothly - BIOS flash protection was on “auto” - I’ve followed the instructions in the manual System information Motherboard GA-7VRXP HD’s maxtor U133 40Gb. in RAID-stripe VGA : Kryo Power VR 64mb Sound : Soundblaster 512 PCI NIC : 3com 3C900B PCI Tvcard : Hauppage Tvplus PCI AMD athlon 1800+ XP Cooler Alpha 8045 – YS-tech fan (idle temp 36C stressed 47C) Powersupply : Enermax 350w. CDROM 50x Aopen CDRW 4x4x32 Philips USB intellimouse microsoft Keyboard OEM OS windows XP pro 2002, with all hotfixes running 3 months smoothly. Well i hope this is enough information for you to determine what/where the problem is. I would really like to know what the solution is. _______________________________________________ wellicht weet 1 van jullie de oorzaak/oplossing ?? :roll: ben wel effe flink geschrokken :o :o :o[/quote:486ce05a0e] Oplossing heb je blijkbaar al gevonden ("10) Taking out all the cards then putting them back in, and…….thank god, everything is back to normal. ") Oorzaak vraag je?, rofl, geen idee :wink:
Link naar reactie
zat ik idd ook al aan te denken :) schijnt ook nog versie F5 te zijn, die kan ik nat ook prob. maar heb er eerlijk gezegd mijn buik effe vol van alles werkt momenteel (weer) prima. Dus houden zo ! ben benieuwd of ik nog wat van Gigabyte hoor/lees. Zodra ik wat weet zal ik t wel effe hier melden, wellicht kunnen anderen er dan hun voordeel me doen
Link naar reactie
het antwoord van Gigabyte : Dear Sir, Thank you fir your email. Have you reinstall OS?? Please try to reinstall it and then download the latest of your drivers and install them. *******Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products******** Nou nou, ja het ligt natuurlijk aan windows :evil: ben het hier niet mee eens. Dus bios update en dan ook meteen windhoos opnieuw installeren :cry: dacht t niet. Ga maar weer es wat terug mailen, ik hou jullie op de hoogte :roll:
Link naar reactie
[quote:2c44fab7ff="crazy J"] *******Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products******** Nou nou, ja het ligt natuurlijk aan windows :evil: ben het hier niet mee eens. Dus bios update en dan ook meteen windhoos opnieuw installeren :cry: dacht t niet. Ga maar weer es wat terug mailen, ik hou jullie op de hoogte :roll:[/quote:2c44fab7ff] Had je al gestemd bij de moederborden poll ?
Link naar reactie
zekers BA :D Maar ik vind het antwoord van Gigabyte ronduit slecht Stuur me effe met een kluitje het riet in :evil: Ben nu bezig met mailtje terug en dat wordt (laten we het voorzichtig zeggen) op een andere toon geschreven. Denken ze te maken te hebben met de eerste de beste "amateur" (niet verkeerd bedoeld voor andere amateurs :wink: )
Link naar reactie
[quote:4f15b2376a="Slashhead"][quote:4f15b2376a="crazy J"] *******Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products******** Nou nou, ja het ligt natuurlijk aan windows :evil: ben het hier niet mee eens. Dus bios update en dan ook meteen windhoos opnieuw installeren :cry: dacht t niet. Ga maar weer es wat terug mailen, ik hou jullie op de hoogte :roll:[/quote:4f15b2376a] Had je al gestemd bij de moederborden poll ?[/quote:4f15b2376a] ja lache, op gigabyte :lol: lijkt erop dat ik op mijn "woorden" terug moet komen :oops: :oops: Hier nieuwe mailtje van mij - terug naar gigabyte: --------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Sir/Madam Is this the level of your support towards gigabyte users ??? A short anwser : (as i read it) windows is the problem. If this is really the case, please explain ! I'am not a rookie in working with computers. And now it feels like "somebody" isn't taking me seriously. Reinstaling windows after a BIOS upgrade.... ?? If you've read my email, you would know that all PCI slots were "gone" Using another NIC in a formerly unused slot didn't work. Putting back the BIOS to f3 and everything was working again. This is clearly not a windows problem ! I've flashed several BIOS 'es in the past, and never before was it necissary to reinstall windows! So my question/suggestion to you is : 1) reconsider your answer and give a better one, 2)or support your first anwser with a good explaination and facts, 3)if you don't know the answer - please find someone who does. I bought this MOBO and was very pleased with it. It's rock solid, runs smooth and has good features and layout. So please make sure that your support to users is the same ................ awaiting your "new"answer..... friendly greetings from Holland ------------------------------------------------------------
Link naar reactie
[quote:85130b78f3="Marcel de Reus"]Als ze nou nog zo'n flut antwoord terug durven sturen is het wel een heel beroerd zootje bij Gigabyte :([/quote:85130b78f3] kan nog erger (vind ik zelf) een jaar of drie geleden met mijn oude celeron433-pc; een PackardBell bios geflashed (nieuwe bios was correct; alles gedubbelecheck voor de zekerheid etc..) pc reboot; helemaal niets. pc was dood. kans op een fout bij de flash is klein, maar ik had de "hoofdprijs" :roll: Hoewel het ook mijn verantwoordelijk is, waagde ik het toch een beroep op mijn garantie. PB gebeld (à een vermogen p.min aan de telefoon) ze wilden het repareren (= gewoon bios vervangen) maar tegen een vergoeding van Fl.700 :o ik kon zelf niet het MoBo opsturen ofzo kon geen bios-chip zelf opgestuurd krijgen (is toch ook nog een optie) nee, moest een monteur voor aan te pas komen zit ik nu te zeuren of is dit gewoon geldtrekkerij? maargoed om een beetje on-topic te blijven :) ik heb wel geleerd niet te flashen indoen écht nodig
Link naar reactie
had jullie beloofd te updaten als ik weer bericht van gigabyte had/heb gehad. welnu ___________________________________________________ Dear Sir, Because of new BIOS flashing would make some setting of WinXP change, and these changes might cause some problems. This is the reason that we ask you to reinstall OS. and There are some problem did solved by reinstall the OS by our experience. We are sorry this suggestion make u inconvenience. *******Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products******** ____________________________________________________ mmmmhhhh hier heb ik dus ook niet veel aan :-? :-? kan ik maar 1 ding concluderen, in de regel is gigabyte een goed MOBO maar ondersteuningsnivo, duuuhhhhhhh laag :evil:
Link naar reactie
  • 1 maand later...
nog een laatste update van mijn "probleem" is net nieuwe BIOS revisie uit F7, die geflasht en ja hoor alles werkt gewoon naar behoren, netjes alle PCI kaarten herkent. Conclusie F6 bios niet goed (vermoeden hadden we al nat.) en de helpdesk van gigabyte bevat een stelletje amateurs ( en dat vermoeden hadden we ook al ) Gigabyte is goed plankje :D maar ondersteuning laat toch wel wat te wensen over :evil: wordt vervolgd ????? :(
Link naar reactie

Gearchiveerd

Dit topic is nu gearchiveerd en gesloten voor verdere reacties.

• Populaire leden

Er is nog niemand die deze week reputatie heeft ontvangen.

• Leden

Geen leden om te tonen

• Nieuwe aanmaken...